TortoiseSVN plugin

Talk about developing The Bug Genie, or modules and extensions for The Bug Genie
bugskr

TortoiseSVN plugin

Post by bugskr » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:10 am

I'm working on a TortoiseSVN plugin for The Bug Genie. I'm digging around looking for the best way to communicate with the service. I can easily communicate directly with the (MySQL) database behind the service, but I'd prefer to go through the service for maintainability and proper-ness. I think the JSON API will work for what I want if I can get the information I need. I'd like to use the VCS module's URL setting to determine which project (based on URL) the user is currently committing for, then pull a list of issues for that project, and finally update the issue however the user has determined the issue should be modified. Any information on how to begin using the API to perform any of these actions would be great. I'm sure I could manage the issue list and issue update but I'm really unclear if the API can supply information on modules. Once this is complete I plan to submit to the TortoiseSVN developer(s) for inclusion with their other plugins.

Thanks for the help!!!

zegenie
Site Admin

Re: TortoiseSVN plugin

Post by zegenie » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:21 am

Sounds like a great plugin! The json api module is being extracted into a separate module for better maintainability in the upcoming release, so you might want to join us on Gitter (https://gitter.im/thebuggenie/development) if you need some quick pointers. I did something similar very recently with jetbrains integration (phpstorm/webstorm,etc), so it should be doable.