Confirm Issue button does nothing

Get help using, installing and / or configuring The Bug Genie here
TrevorG

Confirm Issue button does nothing

Post by TrevorG » Sat May 14, 2016 2:14 pm

I am using the free hosted version of TBG, with Default workflow settings.

I have created many issues and generally things are fine, but every time I create a new issue, I notice clicking the "Confirm Issue" button has no effect. I can progress an issue to the next workflow state by using the dropdown for Status on LHS of screen... the button on RHS of the issue form seems quite useless.

Checked the workflow transition defined for this - it looks like it should work...but my issue never moves to next state via this button.

Also noticed that issues which I have moved to Confirmed or even Being Worked On, still have zero % complete. Looking at the definitions it seems the % complete should have been incremented by the post-processing ... which apparently has not happened.

Am I doing something wrong?

TrevorG

Re: Confirm Issue button does nothing

Post by TrevorG » Mon May 16, 2016 11:01 am

Update: Just found that if I select More Actions --> Confirm, I get an error msg that might point to the cause...
The transition could not be applied to issue 22 because of set_priority
This does NOT appear if I just hit the Confirm button...

Hope that helps...

e_i_pi

Post by e_i_pi » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:38 am

Just ran across this problem myself. It occurs due to the outgoing transition not having post-transition actions without a template. Steps to resolve:
  1. Go to "Configure The Bug Genie", logging in if necessary
  2. Go to "Workflow"
  3. Select the affected workflow by pushing the hamburger button (looks like three horizontal lines stacked up)
  4. Select the affected outgoing transition. It doesn't matter which Step it is for, the same transition can be attached to multiple steps
  5. Click the "Edit Details" button
  6. For the dropdown "Popup Template" select "Set issue properties or add comment"
  7. Click the "Update transition details" button
  8. Go back to your issue and try the transition again

TrevorG

Post by TrevorG » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Thanks for the tip. Turned out to be a bit more difficult than you described... not sure why, but I eventually got something happening (without error, and that's progress!)

I created my own copy of workflow... could not edit the default... and ended up also creating my own workflow scheme... and had to mess with settings for the project...

I must say, the workflows/schemes etc is quite confusing... is there any good documentation for this? This is potentially a great product ... but many times I find myself quite baffled by some of its complexities. Any pointers to getting an understanding of this would be appreciated!