Issue with upgrade to 4.1

Get help using, installing and / or configuring The Bug Genie here
beach_defender

Issue with upgrade to 4.1

Post by beach_defender » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade TBG from 3.2.7 to 4.1

I tried the conversion in-situ on our internal tracker and it failed with the following message::

An error occurred in The Bug Genie
Could not load scope. This is usually because the scopes table doesn't have a scope for this hostname
An unhandled exception occurred:

I rolled back that one so that we could keep developing and then migrated to my Ubuntu laptop.

And got the same issue

I checked the scopes table and it has one entry "Default Scope" with id = 1

The `scopehostnames` table has two entries

Hostname Scope-id
localhost 1

the cmd line :: uname -n
==> omnidev01

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Stay well and thanks in advance
Barry Steele

We don't use scopes at all so far.

zegenie
Site Admin

Re: Issue with upgrade to 4.1

Post by zegenie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:54 am

Can you try upgrading to 4.0? Does that work?

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:17 am

I'll try that.

Makes sense.

Was there a change in the entries in the scope related tables?

Barry

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:22 am

Hi again,
I have'nt tried to go to 4.0 first.

I've been looking into the code and by adding these lines in ../core/framework/Context.php

In setScope (approx lines 1909), I add the following

catch (\Exception $e)
{
echo "<pre>";
echo __FILE__." : Line : ".__LINE__."<br>";
var_dump(array(
'Hostname' => $hostname,
'Scope'=> $scope ,
'Exception' => $e,
)
);
echo "</pre>";
exit;

And in the exception ($e) I see the following:

protected '_sql' => string 'SELECT settings3.id AS settings3_id, settings3.scope AS settings3_scope, settings3.name AS settings3_name, settings3.module AS settings3_module, settings3.value AS settings3_value, settings3.uid AS settings3_uid, settings3.updated_at AS settings3_updated_at FROM `settings` `settings3` WHERE ((`settings3`.`scope` = 1) OR `settings3`.`scope` = 0) AND (`settings3`.`uid` = 0)' (length=376)
protected 'message' => string 'Unknown column 'settings3.updated_at' in 'field list'' (length=53)
private 'string' (Exception) => string '' (length=0)
protected 'code' => int 0
protected 'file' => string '/usr/share/thebuggenie/vendor/thebuggenie/b2db/src/Statement.php' (length=64)
protected 'line' => int 103

This one caught my eye -
'Unknown column 'settings3.updated_at' in 'field list'' (length=53)

Would upgrading from 3.7.1 -> 4.0 have added this new column ?

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:14 am

Hi,
I found an issue with the setting table.

There is a new column 'updated_at' that is missing from my 3.2.7 implementation.

I'll go back to 3.2.7 and upgrade to 4.1 one first.

I had considered just adding the column and setting to yesterday.

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:57 am

I rolled back to 3.2.7 and then tried to upgrade to 4.0 rather then straight to 4.1

This time I get the following error message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'listtypes listtypes0 LEFT JOIN scopes scopes1 ON (scopes1.id=lis' at line 1
An exception was thrown in the B2DB framework

SQL:
SELECT listtypes0.name AS listtypes0_name, listtypes0.itemtype AS listtypes0_itemtype, listtypes0.itemdata AS listtypes0_itemdata, listtypes0.sort_order AS listtypes0_sort_order, listtypes0.key AS listtypes0_key, listtypes0.scope AS listtypes0_scope, listtypes0.id AS listtypes0_id, scopes1.name AS scopes1_name, scopes1.description AS scopes1_description, scopes1.enabled AS scopes1_enabled, scopes1.uploads_enabled AS scopes1_uploads_enabled, scopes1.max_upload_limit AS scopes1_max_upload_limit, scopes1.custom_workflows_enabled AS scopes1_custom_workflows_enabled, scopes1.max_workflows AS scopes1_max_workflows, scopes1.max_users AS scopes1_max_users, scopes1.max_projects AS scopes1_max_projects, scopes1.max_teams AS scopes1_max_teams, scopes1.id AS scopes1_id, scopes2.name AS scopes2_name, scopes2.description AS scopes2_description, scopes2.enabled AS scopes2_enabled, scopes2.uploads_enabled AS scopes2_uploads_enabled, scopes2.max_upload_limit AS scopes2_max_upload_limit, scopes2.custom_workflows_enabled AS scopes2_custom_workflows_enabled, scopes2.max_workflows AS scopes2_max_workflows, scopes2.max_users AS scopes2_max_users, scopes2.max_projects AS scopes2_max_projects, scopes2.max_teams AS scopes2_max_teams, scopes2.id AS scopes2_id FROM listtypes listtypes0 LEFT JOIN scopes scopes1 ON (scopes1.id=listtypes0.scope) LEFT JOIN scopes scopes2 ON (scopes2.id=listtypes0.scope) WHERE (listtypes0.itemtype = 'status')

But If I run that sql string in phpmyadmin I get no error and results.

I do need to get this upgraded asap but these issues are getting very frustrating.

beach_defender

Post by beach_defender » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:07 am

Hi
I've now moved the whole thing to my new laptop.

PHP 5.6.20
mysql 5.6.3.0

I am running in a bitnami tomcat stack - to support the projects that have distracted me from getting back to this.

I have tried to upgrade from 3271 to 401, bur now get this:

Code: Select all

C:\usr\share\thebuggenie-4.0.1\core\framework\Context.php :: 1922 Could not load scope. This is usually because the scopes table doesn't have a scope for this hostname: localhost 

An unhandled exception occurred:
I had to edit Context.php

I did this:

throw new \Exception(__FILE__."  :: ".__LINE__." Could not load scope. This is usually because the scopes table doesn't have a scope for this hostname: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
[\code]

I had to include the lines in both the above file and TBGContext.php - ?? 

The code seems identical.

Anyway, I have only the Default Scope defined, so my question is why doesn't 

[code]
$scope = \thebuggenie\core\entities\tables\Scopes::getTable()->getByHostnameOrDefault($hostname);

in Context.php above fail to find the default?

`Select * from scopes;`

# name, description, enabled, uploads_enabled, max_upload_limit, custom_workflows_enabled, max_workflows, max_users, max_projects, max_teams, id
'The default scope', '', '1', '1', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1'

My investigations continue.