Set "Targetted for" and other parameters when creating an issue.

Get help using, installing and / or configuring The Bug Genie here
ziplock9000

Set "Targetted for" and other parameters when creating an issue.

Post by ziplock9000 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:40 am

I find that when I create feature requests and bug reports I have to go back in again to update fields that I'd like to set at the time of creation.

How can I edit the "Feature request" and "Bug report" to add or remove whatever fields I want. I've looked through the settings time and time again and can't see where I can do that, Googling has been no help either.

I don't know BG very well (obviously), so any answers might have to be a tad more verbose.

Thanks.

zegenie
Site Admin

Re: Set "Targetted for" and other parameters when creating an issue.

Post by zegenie » Tue May 23, 2017 6:04 am

It might not be the most obvious place to look, but see the configuration section for issue type schemes. An issue type scheme is what configures which fields are available visible and reportable for different issue types, and each project can use a predefined or project-specific issue type scheme.

The same is true for workflow and workflow schemes, which is what defines the buttons available in the issue view (and the issue menu per issue in the search results listing) and the actions required to move an issue through its life cycle.

ziplock9000

Post by ziplock9000 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:19 am

That was one of the first places I looked actually and it wasn't configurable to that level (yes I am admin)

Config -> Workflow -> Workflow schemes

From there I can only only duplicate the scheme or list the supported issue type (can't edit them)

ziplock9000

Post by ziplock9000 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:20 am

That was one of the first places I looked actually and it wasn't configurable to that level (yes I am admin)

Config -> Workflow -> Workflow schemes

From there I can only only duplicate the scheme or list the supported issue type (can't edit them)

ziplock9000

Post by ziplock9000 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:22 am

Ah nevermind I found it.. but it's still not editable..

(Sorry for the double post, I could not delete or edit them as all my posts have to go through a moderator)

zegenie
Site Admin

Post by zegenie » Tue May 23, 2017 6:50 am

Yes, the default workflow and issue type schemes are not editable. We've done this to prevent there being no usable configurations if people mess up the settings.

To start, just copy one of the default workflows or issue type schemes and you can edit anything you want.

zegenie
Site Admin

Post by zegenie » Tue May 23, 2017 8:04 am

Also, when you have created new issue type schemes and/or workflow schemes they can be selected on a per project basis in the project settings. Issue type schemes can be switched with a toggle workflow schemes requires a small move operation (all done within the project configuration).

ziplock9000

Post by ziplock9000 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 am

Cool thanks.