Database problems after upgrading to 4.1.13

Get help using, installing and / or configuring The Bug Genie here
Post Reply
bugskr
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 am

Database problems after upgrading to 4.1.13

Post by bugskr » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:27 am

I recently upgraded our BugGenie instance from the very old 3.2.7 instance to the 4.1.13 instance. For the most part I was able to achieve this via incremental upgrades (3.2.7 -> 4.1, 4.1 -> 4.1.10, and finally 4.1.10 -> 4.1.13). I performed the incremental updates due to some issues trying to go straight to 4.1.13 and to ensure I wasn't taking too big a bite at once. However, once I got everything working I was getting an error on project dashboard pages as well as many others:

"Unknown column 'comment32.has_associated_changes' in 'field list'" (the number, here 32, changes based on the page)

Eventually I even got a page to error out indicating that the sql statement querying the table 'tbg_comments' was in error. I have a couple questions based on this.

First, I have done a "mysqldbcompare" command to compare 2 schemes - the first was a freshly installed 4.1.13 instance, the second was a freshly installed 4.1.10 that I upgraded to 4.1.13. The results show there are several tables in the upgraded scheme that do not match the fresh install of 4.1.13. Have I done something wrong in my upgrade process (extracted 4.1.13 contents, added empty 'upgrade' file, ensured config file was setup to point to db created by 4.1.10, and ensured 'install' file was properly filled and present)?

Second, I am not sure why it is trying to reference comment32 as a table rather than the expected tbg_comments. Any thoughts?

I believe I should be able to manually update the scheme based on the results of the mysqldbcompare command to bring the scheme up to the 4.1.13 expected values, but wanted to post to make sure I learn what I did wrong, let someone know this can occur, and to get some insight into why the 'comment##' craziness is occuring.

Many thanks in advance. (I am happy to supply the results of the mysqldbcompare if that would be helpful.)

User avatar
zegenie
Site Admin
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:20 pm

Re: Database problems after upgrading to 4.1.13

Post by zegenie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi, unfortunately, there's an issue upgrading from 4.1.9 and 4.1.10 to 4.1.13, where it will skip the upgrade procedures for the versions in-between. If at all possible, try upgrading to a release before 4.1.9 and then upgrade from that to 4.1.13.

Sorry about that.

bugskr
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:03 am

Re: Database problems after upgrading to 4.1.13

Post by bugskr » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Thanks for the reply. No worries, I was able to get it up and running with what turned out to be minimal effort.

For future readers ... I admittedly am probably a little too hands on sometimes and so I was able to use the mysqldbcompare command to compare the structures of the DB's between the clean 4.1.13 installation and the DB as a result of the upgrade process and with those results I was able match the structures.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest