Unknown column estimated_minutes in sql query version 4.1.8

Get help using, installing and / or configuring The Bug Genie here
bmudda

Unknown column estimated_minutes in sql query version 4.1.8

Post by bmudda » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:11 am

I get the following error in version 4.1.8 when navigating the issues page.

Code: Select all

Unknown column 'issues87.estimated_minutes' in 'field list'
Is this a known bug in the current version?

zegenie
Site Admin

Re: Unknown column estimated_minutes in sql query version 4.1.8

Post by zegenie » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:39 am

This is a known bug with the gradual upgrades that has been tested in the current master branch. We're changing the way we handle upgrades to be able to roll them out faster, but in one of the gradual upgrades, this was a problem, depending on which previous master version you were using. If you have the chance to restore from a backup, please do so. You can also manually add this column based on the column definition in the issue class, from file core\entities\Issue.php - but I would only recommend that if you've upgraded from one of the very recent master versions, otherwise there's some stuff to go through.

bmudda

Post by bmudda » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks Zegenie for your response. I had upgraded from a fairly recent version so I just went ahead and added the column in the issues with fixed the problem.

ALTER TABLE `issues` ADD COLUMN `estimated_minutes` INT(10) NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `estimated_hours`;
After adding the column for estimated_minutes, I got another error for spent_minutes column, So I added that column in issues table as well.

ALTER TABLE `issues` ADD COLUMN `spent_minutes` INT(10) NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `spent_hours`;
Adding these two columns have fixed the problem and everything is working fine now. Thanks.

zegenie
Site Admin

Post by zegenie » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:56 am

Great!

Premke

Post by Premke » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:44 pm

This is due to commit https://github.com/LogosLabs/thebuggeni ... f2ac596449, should have been fixed in commit https://github.com/thebuggenie/thebugge ... 4fa26ed393 but it appears there is still a problem.

bmudda's queries fixed part of problem as they added columns for issues table, however upgrade adds additional column for issue_estimates and issue_spenttimes tables. Here are the additional queries:

ALTER TABLE `issue_estimates` ADD COLUMN `estimated_minutes` INT(10) NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `estimated_hours`;
ALTER TABLE `issue_spenttimes` ADD COLUMN `spent_minutes` INT(10) NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER `spent_hours`;